The ALI Africa Impact Forum
About the Forum
Modelled on the Resnick Aspen Action Forum but designed specifically for the African context, the ALI Africa Impact Forum was initiated by the leadership of the Africa Leadership Initiative. This event brings together Fellows from ALI South Africa, ALI West Africa, ALI East Africa, ALI Mozambique, ALI Media, and the Young Africa Leadership Initiative (YALI).
The ALI Africa Impact Forum aims to provide these Fellows with a platform to deeply connect and engage on matters of significance to the whole continent. In so doing, deepening the pool of influential, effective and ethical leaders across Africa who assume personal and collective accountability for the “Good Society”.
This event will offer participants a chance to retreat from their busy schedules and refresh their perspectives on their work and lives as well as make a meaningful contribution to building a better African society. Participants will be inspired by the Impact Forum’s seminars, workshops and topical dialogues to detail specific ways they can individually and collectively create positive change in their communities.
SAVE THE DATES: MARCH 1 – 4, 2018 | REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN.
Add to Calendar
ALI Africa Impact Forum
The leadership of the South African; East Africa; West Africa and Mozambican chapters of ALI have committed to hosting a joint Africa wide Fellowship event to be called The Africa Impact Forum. The event will be modelled on the Aspen Action Forum and allow the Africa Fellows to engage on issues of relevance for the continent. A steering committee has been appointed with representatives from the various Fellowships and Aspen. It was decided at the first event steering committee that we should move the date for the Forum from October 2017 to the 1st – 4th March 2018. The inaugural event will be held at the Spier Hotel in Stellenbosch, South Africa. The reason for the move of date is to give us time to plan a world-class event and to give all Fellow’s sufficient notice to attend the event. We will engage with you in due course with more details and intend to co-create the event as much as possible with Fellows.
Spier Hotel, Stellenbosch, South Africa.
Event Cost: 5500.00 ZAR per person.
Seminar Fee Includes:
- A fully moderated ALI seminar experience, starting with a welcome reception.
- 3 night stay in Stellenbosch, South Africa at the Spier Wine Farm.
- Food and beverage during the seminar.
*Fee does not include airfare or incidentals. Payment can only be in ZAR currency.
Cancellation Policy: 70% of the registration fee is refundable until midnight (EST) on 28 January 2018. As of 29 January 2018, no refunds will be available.
The objectives of the event are to:
- Strengthen the existing regional networks of the Africa Leadership Initiative into an Africa wide group of ethical and public-minded leaders committed to the common good.
- Foreground the African Leadership Agenda. In these turbulent global times, how do we lead from the front and ensure we are proactive and not reactive in setting the Africa Agenda.
- Identify opportunities and commit to individual and where feasible, collective action to improve the well-being of all Africans.
- Create a common vision around values-based leadership.
- Be inspired and continue to learn and grow.
It is the intention that the ALI Africa Impact Forum becomes a biennial event that will be held in alternated venues across Africa. The inaugural event will be held at the Spier Wine Farm in Stellenbosch, Cape Town. This event will commence on the evening of Thursday the 1st of March and end on the afternoon of Sunday the 4th of March 2018.
See the Draft Agenda