Organisation: Africa Leadership Initiative (South Africa)
Role: Project Manager
Job level: Mid to senior level
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Preferably Cape Town (Johannesburg is an option)
Start date: 1 November 2017
About the African Leadership Initiative
It is well known that Africa continues to face social and economic challenges. It is also evident that the trend can only be reversed through enlightened African leaders who are eager to address and solve our continental issues through strong values and unwavering integrity. It was for this reason that the Africa Leadership Initiative (ALI) was formed in 2003.
Since its inception, ALI has served as a Pan-African initiative with a strong view that Africa’s future lies in the investment and development of effective, values-based and enlightened African leaders.
As ALI, it is our clear-cut objective to develop the next generation of values-based African leaders. These leaders will not only impart knowledge and share opinions but also guide and lead their countries with integrity.
Our mission has not been an easy one but, through our programme, we have been able to empower a number of leaders who are now shaping the continent in a positive light.
ALI forms part of the Aspen Global Leadership Network (AGLN). This network was established worldwide in collaboration with the Aspen Institute and consists of other leadership initiatives similar to ALI.
The Africa Leadership Initiative also spans across Africa. It is represented in three regions: ALI West Africa, ALI East Africa and ALI South Africa.
Project Manager Vacancy
ALI is seeking a mid to senior level Project Manager from 1 November 2017. The overall purpose of the role is to drive, deliver and expand ALI’s operations in South Africa. The incumbent will work closely with the Executive Director to roll out the organisation’s strategy and projects and to achieve increased impact and reach. S/he will establish and build relationships with ALI fellows as well as be responsible for operations management.
- Graduate degree
- Strong academic record
- History of other achievements
- Substantial experience working in consulting, development or the non-profit sector. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in development or the non-profit sector.
- 5-10 years’ experience in leadership, dialogue, change, communication, network management
- Strong project management and coordination skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Positive, enthusiastic, hardworking, detailed and results-oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, specific to senior leaders
- Ability to command the confidence and respect of stakeholders
- Ability to form and build strong relationships
- Self-starter and able to thrive in a work environment with limited direction
- An understanding of, and active interest in, current affairs
- Event management experience would be advantageous
- Committed to inclusivity
- Committed to working with African leaders to build a better society
- Operational leadership and management
- Financial oversight and control
- HR management
- Communications management
- Events management
ALI is an African network and its membership is representative of South Africa’s demographic makeup. Consequently, a black African appointment would be preferred.
Please send your CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com.
The application process closes on Friday 1 September at 17h00.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.